Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hello, and welcome.

Welcome to my blog. Who am I you ask? Some know me as "OklahomaSquatch" while others might recognize me as "Matt K." To my friends and family, I'm just simply "Matt." The name you know me by, or if you even know me at all, is not what's important. What's important about this particular blog is not the creator, but hopefully the content. I'd prefer if someone remembered something I said, or if something I talked about had an impact on a reader. Rather than someone just remembering my name because they have seen it so many times, or recognized a nickname I happen to use as a log in ID on a Bigfoot forum.

"Squatchin From The Hip" is obviously a play on words, making reference to the term "shooting from the hip," which means to take immediate action with disregard to the possible effects of your actions. Depending on the given situation, this could be taken as a good thing, or a huge character flaw. How can you blindly act with total disregard to the possible reactions one might receive as a direct result? Well, that's exactly what I intend to do. I intend to get people to think. To open their eyes a bit wider. I'm not all that worried about the consequences. I feel a person is defined by their actions, so how can one be defined if they never in fact act? Does this mean I act impulsively? Not at all. I let the course of a given situation dictate the direction I go. I just don't mind voicing things that others tend to just think about. Even if someone is outraged by the things I say, or is in total disagreement, at least I got them to stop and think for a moment. Perhaps I got them to question something they normally wouldn't have, or to see a question in a whole new light. Some of the greatest thinkers, philosophers, and teachers in history were met with extreme hostility and anger. They were not seeking popularity. Their motives were true and genuine, regardless of what people thought of them. The truth is what matters, not how popular or unpopular it makes you.

No comments: